This crunchy, nutty snack has mass appeal. Make it during the Christmas season or whenever your family is craving something yummy to munch.—Rose Marie Domeny, Mundelein, Illinois
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups Crispix
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 pound dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a greased roasting pan, combine cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 quarts.
Originally published as Nutty Snack Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p60
Reviews forCrunchy Snack Mix with Peanuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2016
"This is a cinch to make. It was a big hit with young and old alike. I added pretzel sticks to my mix and used cashews instead of the dry roasted peanuts."