Crunchy Shrimp Salad
"I received the recipe for this fresh-tasting shrimp and veggie salad from a co-worker several years ago," recalls Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington. Dollop the dressing over the top or stir into the medley for a lunch treat during warm summer months.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seafood sauce and lemon juice; serve with the shrimp salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crunchy Shrimp Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000