Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 head Chinese or green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups cubed leftover cooked pork roast
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, pork, rice, peas and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over the salad and stir gently to mix. Chill for several hours.
Jun 29, 2012
my husband loves pork my kids lov rice and more inportant that they can have a nice and healthy salad we all enjoy taste of home.com:) :)
Oct 6, 2009
Everyone at my potluck loved this salad, particularly those who love peas and water chestnuts. I didn't have any pork roast, so I diced up pork tenderloin and cooked it in butter, LOTS of garlic, salt and pepper which my son suggested.
Mar 3, 2008
I had some leftover roast pork and didn't know what to do with it until I ran across this recipe. It went together like a dream. My chowhounds scraped the bowl clean.