Crunchy Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in pomegranate seeds and apples. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 195 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Pomegranate Salad
"I love pomegranate's but never would have thought to serve them this way. I did substitute pistachios for pecans for a bit of color but kept everything else the same. I will be making this again for Christmas!"
"Nice crunchy-sweet flavor. I did not toast the pecans."
"I love this salad. It's creamy yet has a crunch from the apples and nuts and the burst of flavor you get from the pomegranate seeds is delightful."
"This is so delicious! It takes a while to get all the arils out of the pomegranate, but it's totally worth the time. I added sliced banana to stretch the salad a little, and it was fantastic. I can't wait to put this on the table for the holidays instead of the usual boring fruit salad! I have a feeling I will need to double or triple the recipe... :-)"