Crunchy Pomegranate Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in pomegranate seeds and apples. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 195 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2014
I love pomegranate's but never would have thought to serve them this way. I did substitute pistachios for pecans for a bit of color but kept everything else the same. I will be making this again for Christmas!
Dec 27, 2013
Nice crunchy-sweet flavor. I did not toast the pecans.
Nov 23, 2011
I love this salad. It's creamy yet has a crunch from the apples and nuts and the burst of flavor you get from the pomegranate seeds is delightful.
Nov 15, 2011
This is so delicious! It takes a while to get all the arils out of the pomegranate, but it's totally worth the time. I added sliced banana to stretch the salad a little, and it was fantastic. I can't wait to put this on the table for the holidays instead of the usual boring fruit salad! I have a feeling I will need to double or triple the recipe... :-)