Crunchy Pecan Drops
My family looks forward to Christmas each year because that's the only time I make this candy. For a chocolate treat, I like to use chocolate kisses in place of the vanilla chips.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
MakesAbout 14 dozen
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups chopped pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 8 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; stir until combined. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Quickly from by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If mixture becomes too thick, reheat slightly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.