For a fun, fuss-free dessert, try these darling tarts from Mary Kelly in Wilmington, NC. “They’re a satisfying, rich family favorite,” she says.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until blended. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon into tart shells. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Peanut Butter Tarts in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p37