Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
"I developed this recipe when I was looking for a cookie with peanut butter taste but without the traditional peanut butter cookie texture," relates Lisa Brown, Iola, Kansas. "We call these cookies 'I'll Have Another'—you'll find our why!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixtures. Stir in the cornflakes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 230 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.