Crunchy Onion Cheese Burger
For extra crispness, microwave French Fried Onions for 1 minute.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- Honey or prepared mustard
- Coat grill with cooking spray before starting the grill. In a bowl, combine the beef, 1 cup onions, Worcestershire and garlic powder; shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and the juices run clear. Place 1 slice cheese on each burger. Cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Arrange burgers on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Spread mustard over cheese and top with remaining onions.