Crunchy Onion Cheese Burger
For extra crispness, microwave French Fried Onions for 1 minute.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- Honey or prepared mustard
- Coat grill with cooking spray before starting the grill. In a bowl, combine the beef, 1 cup onions, Worcestershire and garlic powder; shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and the juices run clear. Place 1 slice cheese on each burger. Cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Arrange burgers on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Spread mustard over cheese and top with remaining onions.
Originally published as Crunchy Onion Cheese Burger in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2009