Crunchy Monster Claws
Cajun seasoning adds flavor, and a crunchy coating helps keep these chicken fingers moist. This recipe makes a great appetizer to serve at any Halloween gathering. It'll "grab" the attention of kids of all ages. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips
- Barbecue sauce
- Cut yellow pepper into 15 triangles; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, green onion and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Place a few pieces of chicken in bag; seal and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Cut a small slit into one end of each chicken strip; insert a pepper triangle into each. Serve with barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.