- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the milk, garlic and pepper. Whisk in potato flakes and sour cream until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 20-30 seconds or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Mashed Potatoes
"My family keeps requesting this dish! It's so delicious and easy to make!"
"Very good! I used skim milk and regular french fried onions. Turned out great not dry at all!"
"These were dry and didn't have enough flavor for my liking."