Crunchy Marinated Vegetables Recipe
I never worry about my kids getting their veggies when this sweet-and-sour salad is on the menu. My mom gave me the recipe for the eye-catching medley that has a way of disappearing in a hurry.
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled kohlrabi
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 large radish, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash Italian seasoning
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and mustard; cook and stir over low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a bowl; cool slightly.
- 2. Add the oil, onion, celery seed and Italian seasoning; whisk until well combined. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Marinated Vegetables
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC