These chewy little cookies have a nice coconut and almond flavor...and crisp rice cereal adds a little crunch. Our home economists whipped them up using only five ingredients.
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. With damp fingers, shape into 1-1/2-in. mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or just until edges turn brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Macaroons in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p55
Reviews for Crunchy Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review