- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni, egg, celery and onion. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Macaroni Salad
"It is so nice to have a recipe for only two people or smaller families!! We love this. Sometimes I add some pickle relish and use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It's so appreciated."
"Family really loved it!"
"I have never made macaroni salad before but lately I have been craving it so I began looking at some of my recipe sites to find one that seemed to fit my craving. This one matched what I was looking for so I made it. After reading many of the reviews I added two tablespoons of chopped celery and a handful of chopped ham. This recipe fit the bill and satisfied my craving. I love a creamy, sweet, and tangy dressing and this was great! I used dill pickle juice instead of the cider vinegar and it was fantastic! Thanx for sharing!"
"I notice that in 2008 someone wrote that the celery is missing from the ingredients but mentioned in the directions. No one answered , unless they e-mailed the writer. I would like to make this, and would like to add the celery. But how much? To taste?"
"I love this dressing."
"How much celery? It's mentioned in the directions, but not in the ingredients..."