- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions with tops, diced
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine almonds, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, onions and bacon. Just before serving, add almond mixture and dressing; toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Lettuce Salad
"After stirring the dressing together I add it to the pan that has the seeds,noodles and almonds in it. Love that warm dressing over this salad."
"Love all the crunchy textures and flavors of this salad. We make it often."
"Great salad with lots of flavor!"