Every time my son visits, he asks me to make "the snack mix." It has become a requirement when we all sit down to play board games. —Sheryl Little, Sherwood, Arkansas
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1 package (5 ounces) miniature sesame breadsticks
- 2 cups miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine cereals, breadsticks, crackers and nuts. In a small bowl, mix butter, cheese, salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Crunchy Italian Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015