Crunchy Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed Rice Chex
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, brown sugar, peanuts and coconut. Drizzle with butter; stir until combined.
- 2. Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cut ice cream into 3/4-in.-thick slices; arrange evenly over crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture; press down lightly. Cover and freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Editor's Note: Purchase a rectangular-shaped package of ice cream for the easiest cutting.
1 piece: 286 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Ice Cream Dessert
"I had this last night at a friends house and it was very good. She made it with Butter Pecan ice cream and pecans. When I make it, I'll use light margarine instead of butter to save a few calories."