Crunchy Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and mushrooms in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, cold water and soy sauce until smooth; gradually stir into celery mixture. Stir in bouillon. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans and add to the celery mixture. Stir in almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 22, 2016
I love this bean recipe and everyone compliments me on it at holidays. I was searching for a recipe that didn't involve cheese, cream soups, etc.... and this is definitely it!
Sep 5, 2015
This is a fabulous recipe! I must say however it took much more than 15 minutes to prepare it, using fresh green beans. It would be a delicious side with any Asian cuisine, as is it has that yummy soy sauce and rich beef bouillon flavor. I never thought I would ever find any green bean recipe that topped beans combined with sauteed onions and bacon. This recipe is equally as good and a great hit with a different twIst. Yum!!
Apr 17, 2011
I have made this recipe several times for large groups and everybody loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.