- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, oil and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove form the heat; add vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the next five ingredients. Add honey mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Spread onto two ungreased baking pans. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Reviews forCrunchy Granola
"This is yummy but honestly there are far healthier and delicious granola recipes on this site. Coconut and sunflower seeds are high in bad fats and calories, hence the not so good nutrition rating."
"I said I would make this again because we liked everything in it. However, I felt the cooking times were a little too long and I would not add the coconut until after I was done."
"This is the FAVOURITE recipe @ our house! Crunchy, flavorful, etc. I usually don't add the raisins, but have found it's delicious either way!"
"I entered the recipe into the Calorie Count web site, and here are the results. Serving Size 132 g (10 servings at 1 cup each since recipe says it makes 10 cups): Calories 555; Calories from Fat246; Total Fat 27.4g; Saturated Fat 4.7g24%; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 0mg;Sodium 34mg; Total Carbohydrates 74.2g;Dietary Fiber 7.5g; Sugars 42.4g; Protein9.7g. Calorie Count gave it a D+ grade."
"After trying several granola recipes, this is the keeper!"
"Please clarify nutrition info per serving. We like this but both of us must control calories."
"I was worried about the carb and calorie count for this. Could these numbers be for the entire recipe and not each serving? If that were the case, then the carb count would only be 7.9g, and the calories would only be 57.4 for 1/2 cup. This sounds much more reasonable. I sure hope that is the right answer. Please let us know."
"Are the calorie numbers and carb count correct for this recipe? While it sounds delicious, anyone with a weight problem couldn't even eat one serving of this a day, because there would not be any carbs left over for other food. It does sound very good though, and I wish I could eat this."
"This granola is delicious and so much fun to eat, my family loves it. We make it often and keep it for family dinners or a simple movie night. It's a keeper, for sure."
"Is the calorie number for this recipe correct?"