Crunchy Fruit Salad
"Bursting with lightly dressed fresh fruit and crunchy sunflower kernels, this deliciously different salad is fun and refreshing," writes Karen Barefield from Minneapolis, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add yogurt; stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Crunchy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.