Although I like to eat healthy, I don't want to skip breakfast. This light version of classic french toast is perfect for quick meals or Sunday brunches. My kids love it...and so do I! —Barbara Arnold, Spokane, Washington.
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frosted cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and salt until blended. In another shallow bowl, toss cornflakes with oats and almonds.
- Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy French Toast in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p75