Crunchy Drop Cookies
In Avon Lake, Ohio, Ellie Kocar can stir up a big batch of these rich buttery cookies to satisfy a crowd. They get their tasty crunch from coconut, walnuts and crisp rice cereal.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press tops lightly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Crunchy Drop Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2000