Crunchy Dilled Slaw
This coleslaw is good with just about any kind of meat. I've taken it to many potluck dinners.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, toss the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, dill seed, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add oil. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 197 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Dilled Slaw in Country Extra January 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.