"My son-in-law is diabetic and loves these five-ingredient frozen dessert bars," shares Shirley Reed of San Angelo, Texas. "With their nutty crunch from Grape Nuts cereal, we think they taste like the inside of a Snickers candy bar."
Recommended: 30 Desserts Made in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 package (1.0 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in cereal. Transfer to a foil-lined 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan; discard foil. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Dessert Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p45