Crunchy Curried Chicken Recipe
"If you have leftover ham and chicken (or turkey) on hand, try this," suggests Eleanor Doering of Stoughton, Wisconsin. "It's a great potluck dish because it can be made a day ahead."
- 4-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chicken, ham and water chestnuts. Combine the next six ingredients; pour over chicken mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Curried Chicken
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"I make this dish all the time. We love it!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC