"If you have leftover ham and chicken (or turkey) on hand, try this," suggests Eleanor Doering of Stoughton, Wisconsin. "It's a great potluck dish because it can be made a day ahead."
- 4-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chicken, ham and water chestnuts. Combine the next six ingredients; pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Curried Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p34
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crunchy Curried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review