Crunchy Cracker Candy
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 cups butter-flavored cracker sticks, halved
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, optional
- Place cracker sticks in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over crackers; stir to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes, stirring once. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cracker sticks; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pecans and toffee bits if desired; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool until set; break apart. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 231 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 25, 2013
The recipe seems fairly straight forward to me...I have made it a few times and they are really good!!!! :)
Nov 1, 2009
This recipe is very, very poorly written and confusing- i have made a similar recipe before, so i can figure it out but a novice would be uterly confused