Crunchy Crab Salad
In Rupert, Idaho, Stephanie Hamilton frequently serves this cool salad at home and at social functions. "It's super simple to make and has a unique taste that's delicious," she assures.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, peas, celery and onion; set aside. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic salt and curry powder; add to the crab mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the chow mein noodles and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 400 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Crab Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.