- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat oil. Stir in contents of noodle seasoning packet and garlic salt; cook for 3-4 minutes or until blended.
- Meanwhile, crush the noodles and place in a large salad bowl. Add coleslaw mix and almonds. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Coleslaw
"I found the receipe a little "oily". I reduced oil by 1/3 and I roasted to noodles and nuts in a frying pan until light brown. Tasty and quick to make."
"I've only made this twice, and the first time was a success! I went to make it this morning for a family reunion, and it was a disaster. For some reason, the oil and seasoning mix would not blend (it was lumpy and sat on the surface) and I believe I burned it. The only difference is I went from an electric stove, to gas. It will be a while before I try to make this again. Big disappointment."
"Have substituted sunflower seeds for the almonds - yummy!"
"This has become our pitch-in favorite! Any flavor of ramen noodle seasoning works. I always make extra so I have some to take to work for lunch the next day. So simple and easy. I love making this stuff."
"I substituted sliced water chestnuts for the almonds. My husband isn't a try new recipes person but he and everyone else enjoyed it"