- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- I n a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Garnish with sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Chocolate Pudding Squares
"This was a delicious quick desert for our family gathering. Lots of raves and requests for the recipe"
"Oh how comforting and delicious! The PERFECT summer dessert, but not only for summer! Delicious for any occasion, any time of year."