Crunchy Chip Cookies
I frequently made these cookies when I was growing up and learning to cook. After recently rediscovering the recipe, making a batch and taking one bite, I quickly remembered how delicious they are!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 12 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, chow mein noodles and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 103 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Crunchy Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies