Crunchy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Reports field editor Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida, "This salad gives kids two of their favorite foods - sunflower seeds and grapes. It's a hearty sandwich that also is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 pita breads, halved or 8 slices bread
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Line pita or bread with lettuce and add 1/2 cup chicken salad to each.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 689 calories, 43g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.