Crunchy Chicken Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, soup, water chestnuts and water.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the chicken and prepared stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 246 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 5, 2015
There wasn't much flavor in this one.
Mar 1, 2013
I wanted to like this recipe but it wasn't what I expected to get as a recommendation from Taste of Home. Won't be making it again.
May 10, 2012
Fantastic and simple! I actually followed the recipe as a guide, but used all leftovers from a chicken dinner, including a few roasted potatoes. Leftover stuffing turned out great on the top, instead of using the boxed kind. I will definitely make this again.
Apr 20, 2011
I DIDN'T HAVE WATER CHESTNUTS,SO I USED A CAN OF MUSHROOMS AND I USED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND SERVED IT WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE.
May 3, 2010
This recipe wasn't wildly delicious, but it was really good. It was just a perfect "don't know what to make tonight for dinner" recipe that went the distance with good flavor, and filled our tummies. I think my homemade shredded chicken was kind of bland, and I might try adding tarragon or basil to this dish next time. Oh, and I didn't use the water chestnuts because I didn't have any. But, very good, moist, super easy, and economical too.
Nov 10, 2009
I actually really liked this dish, but my husband didn't like it quite as much. I really liked the chicken shredded opposed to just chunks though.
Feb 24, 2008
I made this recently and it turned out fantastic! I am now recommending it to others!! This is such a delicious recipe!!! I would have to rate it as a five star casserole! My hubby loved it! He had more and more helpings! LOL!(He didn't really like the water chestnuts as much as I did though!) But, it is still a fantastic recipe!! YUMMY!!!