Crunchy Cheesecake Bars
Try this lemon-flavored bar when you're looking for something that's not too sweet.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping; press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, lemon zest, juice and vanilla; mix well. Spread over baked crust. Combine nuts with reserved crumbs; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until done. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheesecake Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.