Crunchy Cheese Toasts Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut French bread into 54 slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, thyme and cayenne until blended. Brush over bread slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Cheese Toasts
"i i used butter rather then olive oil. they turned out great.."