Crunchy Cheese Toasts
Cayenne pepper lends a little zip to these crisp and cheesy treats from Camille Langford, Branson, Missouri. "They look and taste like they're a lot of trouble to make, but they're not. That's my favorite kind of recipe!" relates Camille.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Cut French bread into 54 slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, thyme and cayenne until blended. Brush over bread slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.