Cayenne pepper lends a little zip to these crisp and cheesy treats from Camille Langford, Branson, Missouri. "They look and taste like they're a lot of trouble to make, but they're not. That's my favorite kind of recipe!" relates Camille.
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Cut French bread into 54 slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, thyme and cayenne until blended. Brush over bread slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheese Toasts in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p61
Reviews forCrunchy Cheese Toasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"i i used butter rather then olive oil. they turned out great.."