The combination of flavors makes this dip very interesting as well as delicious. It's a challenge to not eat a lot while you're making it. I'm usually anxious for my guests to arrive so I can serve it and dig in!
Recommended: The Ultimate Trick-or-Treat After Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, pecans, water chestnuts, pineapple, chives, pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheese Dip in Country December/January 1993, p49
Reviews forCrunchy Cheese Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"Interesting flavor, slightly addicting."