Crunchy Cheese Dip
The combination of flavors makes this dip very interesting as well as delicious. It's a challenge to not eat a lot while you're making it. I'm usually anxious for my guests to arrive so I can serve it and dig in!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, pecans, water chestnuts, pineapple, chives, pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 66 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Cheese Dip in Country December/January 1993
Mar 9, 2019
Left out the pecans due to food allergies - but was a huge hit with the group I was entertaining. Very refreshing!!
Nov 22, 2012
Interesting flavor, slightly addicting.