Crunchy Cheese Crisps
“I bake these zesty appetizers for a nearby bed-and-breakfast here in Stratford, Ontario,” writes Carol Grasby. “They go together in minutes, and guests never seem able to stop with just one.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 167 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.