Crunchy Cashew Pork Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons oil until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry carrots and broccoli until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; stir into skillet along with the green onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return meat to pan and heat through. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 335 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Cashew Pork
"I got this from the magazine many years ago, and loved it. That magazine is now gone, but this site got me the recipe again. It is very easy, and the veggies are interchangeable. I have added celery and bell peppers if I am missing another veggie on the recipe."