Crunchy Carrot Salad
“These carrots make a beautiful presentation and are absolutely delicious,” says Jennifer Cain from Bel Air, Maryland. “They’ve been a hit with everyone who has tasted them, including my husband, who doesn’t typically care for carrots!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar and salt. Add carrots; toss to coat. Divide between two plates. Sprinkle with red pepper, onion, almonds and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 78 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Asian Carrot Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007