- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups Crispix
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/4 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter(no substitutes), cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereals and nuts. In a saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; immediately stir in vanilla and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forCrunchy Caramel Snack Mix
"My family loves this recipe. I rarely add the popcorn and just use a mixed nut mixture rather than the different type of nuts. We quite often take it on road trips as a snack. Very easy to make and it is delicious."