Crunchy Cajun Fish Fingers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups (6 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound catfish or tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine onions and Cajun seasoning. Seal bag and crush with hands or a rolling pin; set aside. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce. Add fish strips; toss well to coat.
- Place a few fish strips in the bag; toss to coat with onion mixture. Place strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all fish strips are coated with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Jul 12, 2017
Crunchy and flavorful on the outside, flaky on the inside, delicious! I dipped in a beaten egg, rather than mayo, just because I don't like mayo. I was having trouble getting the mixture to stick, so after I put them in dish, I pressed the leftover breadibg on top. I also cooked a little longer because we like it on the crispy side!