Crunchy Cajun Fish Fingers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups (6 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound catfish or tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine onions and Cajun seasoning. Seal bag and crush with hands or a rolling pin; set aside. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce. Add fish strips; toss well to coat.
- Place a few fish strips in the bag; toss to coat with onion mixture. Place strips on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all fish strips are coated with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 12, 2017
Crunchy and flavorful on the outside, flaky on the inside, delicious! I dipped in a beaten egg, rather than mayo, just because I don't like mayo. I was having trouble getting the mixture to stick, so after I put them in dish, I pressed the leftover breadibg on top. I also cooked a little longer because we like it on the crispy side!