Crunchy Cabbage Salad
This salad hits the spot on warm days. It's always popular at potluck dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Break noodles; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and half of the contents from the noodle seasoning packet; shake well. (Discard remaining seasoning or save for another use.)
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 169 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Cabbage Salad in Country Extra March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.