Crunchy Cabbage Salad
This salad hits the spot on warm days. It's always popular at potluck dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Break noodles; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and half of the contents from the noodle seasoning packet; shake well. (Discard remaining seasoning or save for another use.)
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.