Crunchy Banana Splits
For dessert, this is a hurried-up version of friend ice cream. Coated with buttery crushed cereal and nuts, they're a heavenly treat for drop-in company.—Christine Panzarella, Buena Park, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 medium ripe bananas, quartered
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, butter and pecans. Drop ice cream by 1/2 cupfuls into cornflake mixture and roll into a ball. Place two banana quartered in each dessert dish. Top with an ice cream ball, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and a cherry.