Crunchy Asparagus Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2012
I was skeptical because it is asparagus but this is a must keep recipe! I substituted Sunchokes for the chestnuts. Fabulous!
Dec 13, 2011
This was a big hit at a recent potluck.