Crunchy Asian Slaw
This tangy international twist in coleslaw makes a perfect accompaniment to simple grilled chicken or pork. Dressed with a light vinaigrette, this slaw keeps its crunchy texture covered and chilled up to 24 hours.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cu tinto thin strips
- 3/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 unpeeled firm large pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl combine oil, juice, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt; blend well. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, pepper, snow peas and pear. Add oil mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds.
Originally published as Crunch Asian Slaw in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009