Crunchy Asian Slaw
This tangy international twist in coleslaw makes a perfect accompaniment to simple grilled chicken or pork. Dressed with a light vinaigrette, this slaw keeps its crunchy texture covered and chilled up to 24 hours.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cu tinto thin strips
- 3/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 unpeeled firm large pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl combine oil, juice, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt; blend well. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, pepper, snow peas and pear. Add oil mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds.
Originally published as Crunch Asian Slaw in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.