- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey, rice, celery, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over turkey mixture. Return to oven; bake until bubbly and golden brown, another 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Almond Turkey Casserole
"We thought this was pretty tasteless. If you have leftover gravy and stuffing I suggest you use that in this dish. I liked all the crunch, though."
"I added some garlic, too. This casserole has a nice crunch to it and tastes great!"
"Instead of just celery, you can add carrots, or a bag of frozen mixed veggies (thawed). Loved the crunch from the water chestnuts & almonds."
"Great way to use leftover turkey, really transformed it into something special that the whole family enjoyed. I enjoyed that this had such great crunch - the nuts, water chestnuts, and celery provide a nice textural contrast to the turkey and rice. I followed the recipe as written except for using multi-grain crackers in the topping. Will definitely make again. My only suggestion would be that this is easily 10-12 servings, not 8."
"Very tasty. My kids even went back for seconds. Leftovers tasted just as good the next day for lunch too. The only thing I would probably change next time is to leave out the water chestnuts since the almonds gave it plenty of delicious crunch. Definitely will make again."
"SO Delicious! My family cleaned this dish up in record time! This recipe will be a staple in my house from now on. THANKS!"
"This dish was bland it didnt have any flavor at all ! It needed alot of modifications...like spices... garlic,black pepper, salt , seasoning salt,The onions and celery needed to be sauted first, if not you will be eating them raw. Oh and the prep time wasnt even close, it took a good 45 minutes to prepare. To much work !"
"made this recipe several times - it has been very special - guys who thought casseroles were not that special asked for seconds! It's been fun to serve."