Crunch Bars Recipe
This is a delicious treat to serve to family and friends. The marshmallows make a sweet, sticky filling between a sponge cake-type base and crunchy topping.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange marshmallows evenly over cake; bake 2 minutes longer. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 3. For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Spread over marshmallow layer. Chill until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 198 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Crunch Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC